Are you planning to buy a new house or renovate your current home? One of the most important areas and one of the most exciting to dress up and design is the kitchen. We prepare foods in the kitchen and we eat here thus we should ensure that it is always clean and beautiful.
Some moms spend majority of their time during the day in the kitchen. So, it is not a surprise that one of the areas that they are particular about is the kitchen. Having a small kitchen should not be problem.
Coming up with a modern design is a great way to make your kitchen look spacious and of course, presentable. We will share in this article some modern design ideas for small kitchen that you can use as inspiration for your new kitchen.
- Use monochromatic color and theme – using black and white theme is very classy and best of all, it helps to create an illusion of having more space in the area. Choosing monochromatic color will make it easier for you to unify all the elements in the room making it more consistent and simply elegant.
- Go minimalist – since you are designing a kitchen with limited space, it is important to take note of this and just go minimalist. Make use of the space wisely and choose furniture that can fit in those limited spaces.
- Remove unnecessary furniture or things – in line with going minimalist, you should also make sure to remove any unnecessary furniture. If you are renovating your kitchen, the first thing that you need to do is to throw away things that you no longer use. These things only make your kitchen crowded and looking all messy. If you’re designing a kitchen for a new house, then be sure to buy furniture and appliances that you need. Do not be too all excited in buying things. Always remember the space that you have.
- Use backless stools – using backless stools that you can slide under the table is a great space-saver. Choose colors that fit well the theme in your kitchen.
- Place under cupboard inset shelves – release the creative side in you and come up with new ideas for shelves to use in your kitchen. Using under cupboard inset shelves will make your kitchen looking very modern and sophisticated. And again, this is a great way to save space.
- Use pullout pantry and full-height cabinets – some more furniture that you can go for this modern small kitchen are pullout pantry and full-height cabinets.
- Place indoor plants – lastly, using indoor plants will not only add beauty in the room but it will help purify the air and improve the overall atmosphere.
Be inspired to design your kitchen to make it look more modern. And of course, a beautiful kitchen will inspire you to come up with more sumptuous dishes for your family. It is referred as the heart and soul of the house since this is where family spends time together, eating hearty meals so it deserves your effort to make it beautiful. In case you are planning to buy a new house in Werribee, Lend Lease has house and land packages that you can check out. You might find the house and the ideal kitchen you’ve always been dreaming of.